New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 25 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos