New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash