New York News
Bronx boy dies trying to change TV channel
MORRIS HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A three year old boy died after apparently losing his footing while trying to change the television channel in his family's apartment.
The boy was discovered unconscious inside the apartment on Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
He was rushed to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives believe he climbed on a stand to change the TV channel, but slipped. His shirt apparently got caught on a bed post and choked the boy.
Detectives are interviewing the boy's mother, but no criminality is suspected.
There are four other children in the household and no there is no history with the Administration for Children's Services.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, accidental death, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 10 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 38 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled 44 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
36 min ago