New York News
Bronx boy dies trying to change TV channel
MORRIS HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A three year old boy died after apparently losing his footing while trying to change the television channel in his family's apartment.
The boy was discovered unconscious inside the apartment on Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
He was rushed to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives believe he climbed on a stand to change the TV channel, but slipped. His shirt apparently got caught on a bed post and choked the boy.
Detectives are interviewing the boy's mother, but no criminality is suspected.
There are four other children in the household and no there is no history with the Administration for Children's Services.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, accidental death, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos