New York News
Suspect in sexual assault on jogger in Queens released
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Charges have been dropped against the man accused of sexually assaulting a jogger in Queens, using a stun gun.
42-year old Richard Kassebaum was taken into custody on Tuesday.
Police believed he matched the description of a man who assaulted the 23-year old woman in Forest Hills Park last week.
Prosecutors have left open the possibility of charging him again.
Kassebaum is still charged in a separate sex assault.
The suspect in the park attack allegedly approached the woman from behind, put the stun gun to the back of her neck, and sexually assaulted her. He also stole her cell phone.
The victim was able to fight off her attacker. She was rushed to the hospital for injuries to her neck.
new york city, queens, sexual assault, new york news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013