New York News
Man killed by subway train on Upper West Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man has been struck and killed by a subway train on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
The accident happened at about 7 o'clock Saturday morning.
Police say the man was hit by a southbound D train, at the 72nd Street and Central Park West subway station.
EMS responded and took the man to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The victim has been identified as 58-year old John Williams of West 175th Street.
new york city, upper west side, subway, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97