New York News
Car drives into Bronx restaurant
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Diners in the Bronx received quite a jolt Saturday night when a car plowed right into a restaurant.
Eyewitnesses said a woman was pulling out of a parking lot when she was struck by another car on Morris Park Avenue.
The impact apparently caused her foot to get stuck on the accelerator.
Her car then drove under the restaurant's balcony.
The driver was pinned inside, but the FDNY freed her and she is expected to be OK.
There were no other injuries.
"I was eating dinner with my family and then we heard a loud bang," said eyewitness Maria Pecovic. "I look outside and there's a car into the building."
"I ran to the other side and shut the engine off to the car. Two inches and it could have been a lot worse," said another eyewitness, Raymond Cabral.
new york city, bronx, accident, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 51 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
37 min ago