New York News
Teen charged in Bronx fire that left dozens homeless
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators in the Bronx have charged a teenager with deliberately starting a fire that left several families homeless over the weekend.
Authorities say 19-year-old Princess Martinez set a mattress on fire on the sixth floor of her building in University Heights on Saturday.
They say she had just been in an argument with her mother.
Martinez is charged with second-degree arson.
new york city, bronx, fire, arson, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 53 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 51 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 58 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
53 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
51 min ago