New York News
Teen charged in Bronx fire that left dozens homeless
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators in the Bronx have charged a teenager with deliberately starting a fire that left several families homeless over the weekend.
Authorities say 19-year-old Princess Martinez set a mattress on fire on the sixth floor of her building in University Heights on Saturday.
They say she had just been in an argument with her mother.
Martinez is charged with second-degree arson.
new york city, bronx, fire, arson, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 45 min ago
- Woman tries to abduct baby from nanny in Chelsea 4 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 54 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster