New York News
Lindsay Lohan to carry out rehab stint in the Hamptons
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Lindsay Lohan is headed back to rehab, and her lawyers and prosecutors reportedly have agreed on a facility in the Hamptons.
The Seafield Center in trendy Westhampton Beach, where Lohan will carry out her 90-day stint, will cost the troubled actress about $52,000.
Seafield is not a lockdown facility, but if Lohan leaves, it will be seen by 24-hour guards who staff the doors.
Prosecutors and the judge will be notified, and that would probably be considered a violation of probation and mean jail time for Lohan.
And temptation could prove an issue, as TMZ reports the facility is just 15 minutes from some of the hottest summer clubs in the country.
The 26-year-old accepted a plea deal in her misdemeanor car crash case. Her deal also 30 days of community service, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
Lohan pleaded no contest to reckless driving and lying to police who were investigating the accident involving the actress in June along the Pacific Coast Highway. A charge of obstructing an officer was dropped.
Lohan also was found in violation of her probation in a 2011 necklace theft and sentenced to 180 days in jail. However, she can avoid that jail time if she complies with the conditions of her plea deal, which extends her probation for two years.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lindsay lohan, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway