New York News
19th Annual PEDIATRIC CANCER Walkathon
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On April 28, 2013, Pediatric Cancer Foundation (PCF) will hosts its 19th Annual Walkathon, the proceeds of which benefit groundbreaking research and care at five hospitals throughout the metropolitan NYC area. Over 500 walkers are expected to join ABC-7 Meteorologist Lee Goldberg as we strive to GIVE HOPE WALK.
79th Street Boat Basin, Riverside Park, New York City Sunday April 28, 2013
"PCF has been a leader in the field of pediatric oncology. Our volunteer-driven efforts work to fund specific projects and doctors at our partner hospitals that are making a tremendous impact in the lives of young children and their families, who are battling this illness," says Cheryl Rosen, PCF President.
Founded in 1970, Pediatric Cancer Foundation supports doctors at leading hospitals in finding a cure for childhood cancer. The Foundation raises money for patient treatment, research and acquisition of state-of-the art equipment and parent-patient care. PCF's partner hospitals include:
More than 2,300 children will die each year from cancer. Each year PCF invites walkers to help raise awareness and much needed funds to fight childhood cancers, the causes of which are still unknown and at present cannot be prevented.
For more information about the walkathon, please contact Nancy Joselson at 914-777-3127. For more information about PCF, please go to www.pcfwalk.org
new york city, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 7 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 58 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
47 min ago