New York News
Arrest made in deadly shooting near Bronx playground
BRONX (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in a deadly shooting that left a man fatally wounded near a playground in the Bronx.
The shooting happened in the Morrisania section around 2 p.m. Thursday at 730 East 163rd Street.
Investigators said a man, identified as 28-year-old Mario Thomas, was shot several times and rushed in critical condition to Lincoln Hospital, where he later died.
Now, 24-year-old Gregory Forbes, of the Bronx, is charged with murder.
The shooting took place in close proximity to a playground in the McKinley Houses.
Forbes also faces weapons charges.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, shooting, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 23 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- Newtown mental health funding running low
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos