New York News
Fleet Week in jeopardy due to budget cuts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The annual spring tradition of Fleet Week could be running aground because of federal budget cuts.
The event, set to begin May 23, could be severely scaled back or canceled entirely.
Fleet Week gives people a chance to tour military ships docked on the Hudson, while sailors and marines enjoy Manhattan.
The Navy and city say they're working together to figure out a different way to honor service members.
new york city, u.s. military, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014