New York News
Two more people arrested in so-called 'Cannibal Cop' case
Monday, April 15, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two more people are under arrest in connection with the so-called "Cannibal Cop", Gilberto Valle, the ex-NYPD officer convicted of conspiring to cook and eat women.
60-year old Christopher Asch was arrested at his Greenwich Village home, and was charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. He was initially removed from his job as a librarian at Stuyvesant High School for improperly touching male students. Asch was charged criminally, but the case was subsequently dismissed and sealed. A second person, Richard Meltz, was arrested Sunday in Rockaway, New Jersey. He is chief of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Police Service, based in Bedford, Massachusetts, and a former Sussex County, New Jersey law enforcement officer. Valle was convicted last month of conspiring to kidnap women, then cook, kill and eat them. He faces life in prison when he is sentenced June 19 - his first wedding anniversary. Authorities say Asch is quoted in the criminal complaint discussing kidnapping, killing and eating women and children, at one point calling it an "exciting proposition."
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, arrest, police officer arrested, police, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 56 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 6 min ago
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos