New York News
Girl falls out 4th floor window in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old girl is recovering after falling out of a 4th story window in the Jackson Heights section of Queens Wednesday.
No one answered the door just hours after Kaylan Watson fell from the 4th floor window of the apartment and into a dirt patch in the courtyard.
Neighbors presume her family by her side at Elmhurst Hospital where she was listed in serious but stable condition Wednesday night.
Eyewitness News asked a woman if she saw blood or other injuries as the child was rushed out of the building.
She replied in Spanish that she didn't see any and that the girl was conscious and talking as she was hurried into an ambulance on 73rd Street near Roosevelt Avenue.
Esteban Ospina lives next door to the girl's family.
He says they're quiet and keep to themselves.
"I'm so sorry for the family, I hope she feels better soon," Ospina said.
new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen