New York News
Girl falls out 4th floor window in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old girl is recovering after falling out of a 4th story window in the Jackson Heights section of Queens Wednesday.
No one answered the door just hours after Kaylan Watson fell from the 4th floor window of the apartment and into a dirt patch in the courtyard.
Neighbors presume her family by her side at Elmhurst Hospital where she was listed in serious but stable condition Wednesday night.
Eyewitness News asked a woman if she saw blood or other injuries as the child was rushed out of the building.
She replied in Spanish that she didn't see any and that the girl was conscious and talking as she was hurried into an ambulance on 73rd Street near Roosevelt Avenue.
Esteban Ospina lives next door to the girl's family.
He says they're quiet and keep to themselves.
"I'm so sorry for the family, I hope she feels better soon," Ospina said.
new york city, new york news, carolina leid
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 10 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 54 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
6 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
54 min ago