New York News
Teen arrested in hoax device outside Bay Ridge home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 14-year-old boy is under arrest, charged with leaving a propane tank rigged to look like a bomb outside a home in Brooklyn.
The boy was caught just hours after police released surveillance video showing him strolling away from the home in Bay Ridge. The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday along 68th Street.
Authorities have not released his name because he is a juvenile.
The suspect allegedly rang the doorbell of the home, dropped the device and ran.
The bomb squad determined it was a hoax.
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 13 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 34 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 31 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos