New York News
Teen arrested in hoax device outside Bay Ridge home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 14-year-old boy is under arrest, charged with leaving a propane tank rigged to look like a bomb outside a home in Brooklyn.
The boy was caught just hours after police released surveillance video showing him strolling away from the home in Bay Ridge. The incident happened just after midnight Wednesday along 68th Street.
Authorities have not released his name because he is a juvenile.
The suspect allegedly rang the doorbell of the home, dropped the device and ran.
The bomb squad determined it was a hoax.
new york city, bay ridge, brooklyn, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 55 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion 53 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 47 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
55 min ago
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings...
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
42 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
47 min ago