New York News
Sketch released of man who groped 9-year-old girl in East Village
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who allegedly groped a young girl in the East Village, and they're hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened last Sunday just before 5 p.m.
Authorities say the suspect approached the 9-year-old victim from behind, touched the girl and then ran away.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, approximately 240 pounds, with black hair with some gray.
He was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and glasses (white metal wired).
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 8 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos