New York News
Sketch released of woman found in suitcase in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has released a sketch of a young woman whose remains were found in a charred suitcase in Brooklyn.
The suitcase was found inside a building on Hull Street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section that burned down in May 2012.
The remains were found when the property was sold about a month ago.
The new owner found the woman's skeletal remains inside the charred suitcase.
She is described as a woman her late teens to mid 20s.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, body found, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 35 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 37 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 30 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 36 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 9 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 23 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
37 min ago