New York News
NYU student arrested after police say he had pellet guns
NEW YORK -- A 20-year-old New York University student has been arrested on charges he illegally had pellet guns in his dorm room.
Police say Bernard Goal was arrested Monday evening, after maintenance workers saw what looked like several assault rifles on his bed. New York City officers responded and determined the weapons were air guns, weapons that shoot BBs or pellets - not bullets - and are not as dangerous. Goal was arrested on a charge of violation of local law, because it is unlawful to possess or sell them in New York.
Goal lived on the 17th floor of a dormitory in Manhattan. A call to his home in Texas rang unanswered.
NYU said in a statement that guns of any kind - real or fake - are not permitted on campus.
new york city, nyu, arrest, weapon, new york news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape