New York News
NYU student arrested after police say he had pellet guns
NEW YORK -- A 20-year-old New York University student has been arrested on charges he illegally had pellet guns in his dorm room.
Police say Bernard Goal was arrested Monday evening, after maintenance workers saw what looked like several assault rifles on his bed. New York City officers responded and determined the weapons were air guns, weapons that shoot BBs or pellets - not bullets - and are not as dangerous. Goal was arrested on a charge of violation of local law, because it is unlawful to possess or sell them in New York.
Goal lived on the 17th floor of a dormitory in Manhattan. A call to his home in Texas rang unanswered.
NYU said in a statement that guns of any kind - real or fake - are not permitted on campus.
new york city, nyu, arrest, weapon, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos