New York News
Video released in Brooklyn 'shoulder surfing' ATM robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn have released surveillance video of a man who stole cash out of at least three accounts at an ATM.
Authorities say the suspect waited for bank customers to dip their cards into the machine at a Banco Popular in Flatbush in March. He then tricked them into moving to another ATM, "shoulder surfed" their PIN information and then stole their cash.
Two incidents occurred on Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at 5:46 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. The third incident occurred on Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 5:57 p.m. There were no reported injuries in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, robbery, atm skimming, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 36 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 33 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 30 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
12 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos