New York News
Video released in Brooklyn 'shoulder surfing' ATM robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn have released surveillance video of a man who stole cash out of at least three accounts at an ATM.
Authorities say the suspect waited for bank customers to dip their cards into the machine at a Banco Popular in Flatbush in March. He then tricked them into moving to another ATM, "shoulder surfed" their PIN information and then stole their cash.
Two incidents occurred on Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at 5:46 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. The third incident occurred on Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 5:57 p.m. There were no reported injuries in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these incidents is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, brooklyn, robbery, atm skimming, new york news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 10 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 57 min ago
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC botique 32 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 4 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 12 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident