New York News
Suspicious package cleared at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspicious package was investigated at the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Thursday night.
The entire south wing of the Port Authority has been evacuated, but people have since been allowed back inside.
The package was deemed to be harmless.
The Port Authority says a NJ Transit employee saw someone stuff a bag inside a wall panel.
A bomb sniffing dog was called over and he indicated there may be something suspicious inside the bag.
That's when the terminal was evacuated.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners 29 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup 8 min ago
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale