New York News
Suspicious package cleared at Port Authority
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suspicious package was investigated at the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Thursday night.
The entire south wing of the Port Authority has been evacuated, but people have since been allowed back inside.
The package was deemed to be harmless.
The Port Authority says a NJ Transit employee saw someone stuff a bag inside a wall panel.
A bomb sniffing dog was called over and he indicated there may be something suspicious inside the bag.
That's when the terminal was evacuated.
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- Shooting reported at Colorado High School 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 3 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says 25 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 49 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 50 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
3 min ago