New York News
City Island to get security cameras soon
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's an update on an effort to install security cameras in a Bronx neighborhood where there's been a string of recent burglaries.
One burglary was caught on store surveillance.
Businesses in City Island have been waiting for 15 city-run security cameras to be installed on its commercial strip through a grant secured by State Senator Jeffrey Klein.
"Last week the City Island Chamber of Commerce, I found out, received a letter to start the contract moving and hopefully we can have 14 cameras and a base which will be able to be routed to the police precinct up and running in the next couple of months," Klein said.
Klein says the funds had to go through time-consuming steps before being released.
new york city, bronx, security cameras, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos