New York News
Teen girl arrested in attempted Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a 13-year-old girl in connection with an attempted mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. Monday near East 107th Street.
Both the girl and a boy, who is either 10 or 11 years old, reportedly tried to grab a 38-year-old woman's purse after telling her they wanted her cell phone.
The woman refused, and the kids ran off.
The young girl is charged with second-degree attempted robbery.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted robbery or the other suspects is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, central park, robbery, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 58 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion 41 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion 54 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas