New York News
Teen girl arrested in attempted Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a 13-year-old girl in connection with an attempted mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. Monday near East 107th Street.
Both the girl and a boy, who is either 10 or 11 years old, reportedly tried to grab a 38-year-old woman's purse after telling her they wanted her cell phone.
The woman refused, and the kids ran off.
The young girl is charged with second-degree attempted robbery.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted robbery or the other suspects is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, central park, robbery, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 14 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014