New York News
Teen girl arrested in attempted Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a 13-year-old girl in connection with an attempted mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. Monday near East 107th Street.
Both the girl and a boy, who is either 10 or 11 years old, reportedly tried to grab a 38-year-old woman's purse after telling her they wanted her cell phone.
The woman refused, and the kids ran off.
The young girl is charged with second-degree attempted robbery.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted robbery or the other suspects is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, central park, robbery, new york news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade 38 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary