New York News
Teen girl arrested in attempted Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a 13-year-old girl in connection with an attempted mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. Monday near East 107th Street.
Both the girl and a boy, who is either 10 or 11 years old, reportedly tried to grab a 38-year-old woman's purse after telling her they wanted her cell phone.
The woman refused, and the kids ran off.
The young girl is charged with second-degree attempted robbery.
Anyone with information in regards to this attempted robbery or the other suspects is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, central park, robbery, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014