New York News
Police hunt suspects in Bronx armed robbery
BRONX (WABC) -- Jose Gomez watches his back as he opens up El Truco hair salon in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. He is cautious because a pair of armed suspects who terrorized a barber shop full of people are still on the loose.
It was busy last Sunday evening, when just before 6 p.m. security cameras, which the suspects clearly missed, were working and caught every agonizing second inside the shop.
Gomez was cutting a 5-year-old little boy's hair, while in the very front of the shop, a man held his infant daughter.
Gomez tells Eyewitness News that the suspects walked in and asked for change. When Gomez said he didn't have change, one of the suspects pulled out a gun and stuck it in his side.
The gunman, with his weapon out, ordered everyone to go to the back of the shop and lay on the floor. The gunman then zeroed in on the father and baby girl.
"The baby was crying, the people put the gun in your face, oh my God," said Gomez.
While the suspects were in the back of the shop, a woman, seated on the bench, tried several times to calm down the 5-year-old, who was clearly anxious. A suspect with a hooded sweatshirt reappeared, and calmly started taking everything.
"Wallets, cells, clothing, jewelry, everything," adds Gomez.
A gunman in a Yankees cap unknowingly stepped back in front of the camera and kept his eye on everyone. Gomez said he saw the gun and it was a 45 automatic.Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website aWWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. CLICK HERE to watch raw surveillance video from the robbery.
CLICK HERE to see photos from the surveillance video.
new york city, bronx, robbery, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 36 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 21 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
36 min ago
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
38 min ago