New York News
Fetus found in trash compactor in the Bronx
Sunday, April 28, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are questioning a teenager and her mother about a child's body that was found in a garbage compactor.Authorities say the body was found in the chute of an apartment building in the West Farms section after the 19-year-old woman walked into a hospital and told medical personnel she had given birth. Police say the teen went to the hospital around 5:30 p.m. Saturday and explained that she had delivered in her apartment. Authorities say she claimed to have put the baby in a plastic bag and then into the garbage. Officers went to the location and found a body. The medical examiner's office completed the autopsy and determined that the baby was stillborn. Authorities say the woman has been charged with misappropriation of an unclaimed cadaver, a misdemeanor.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, bronx, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 11 min ago
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 6 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos