New York News
Fetus found in trash compactor in the Bronx
Sunday, April 28, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are questioning a teenager and her mother about a child's body that was found in a garbage compactor.Authorities say the body was found in the chute of an apartment building in the West Farms section after the 19-year-old woman walked into a hospital and told medical personnel she had given birth. Police say the teen went to the hospital around 5:30 p.m. Saturday and explained that she had delivered in her apartment. Authorities say she claimed to have put the baby in a plastic bag and then into the garbage. Officers went to the location and found a body. The medical examiner's office completed the autopsy and determined that the baby was stillborn. Authorities say the woman has been charged with misappropriation of an unclaimed cadaver, a misdemeanor.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, bronx, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 27 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 53 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos