New York News
Fire tears through, guts Bronx church
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Church members are picking up the pieces after a fire gutted their house of worship in the Bronx.
The flames broke out around 6 p.m. Sunday on the second floor of the Burke Avenue Baptist Church in the Laconia section.
While they quickly brought the fire under control, nothing inside the church was spared.
Two people were inside when the fire alarm went off, but they escaped safely.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 57 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 59 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos