New York News
2013 Arthritis Walk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As the Arthritis Foundation's signature event, The Arthritis Walk® raises funds and awareness every year to fight the nation's leading cause of disability.
We aren't just fighting arthritis and helping the millions of people who live with arthritis pain. We're making the impact of arthritis unacceptable and taking a stand, moving together to help prevent and treat this serious and painful disease through research, education and community programs.
Participants walk for friends or family members with arthritis, and those with arthritis wear blue hats to signify their action to take control of their condition. The event features a three-mile and one-mile course, with arthritis information and activities for the entire family. Pet owners are encouraged to bring their dogs at participating events.
By joining your 2013 Arthritis Walk®, you become part of Let's Move Together, a nationwide community that encourages people to prevent or treat arthritis through movement. Start moving today for better health! To sign up for the 2013 NYC Arthritis Walk in Historic Battery Park on May 19th, visit newyorkaw.kintera.org.
new york city, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 39 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 33 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 5 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 3 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos