New York News
Girlfriend's son facing murder charge in man's death in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The body of a 60-year-old man who disappeared last week was found buried in a flower bed in Queens, and his girlfriend's son was taken into custody in the man's death.
27-year-old Derek Tudor was charged with murder. Tudor has prior arrests for turnstile jumping and forcible touching.
Tudor showed up at the 102 Precinct at 6 p.m. Tuesday night with his biological father, Anthony Tudor. He was crying and told a police officer standing outside that he was there to surrender.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that Tudor told detectives he suffocated his victim on April 21. He began to cry again and asked for a lawyer, refusing to say anything else.
Authorities are digging up evidence at the home on Putnam Avenue in Ridgewood, where 60-year-old Frank Soucie lived with his girlfriend and Tudor, her adult son.
The retired postal worker was last seen April 22. A neighbor called police after see someone throwing away an unusually large bag.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found a charred sleeping bag in the trash and a freshly-dug grave in the backyard with body parts in it, covered with a sheet.
Ammonia and gloves were also found on the roof.
Soucie was well known in the neighborhood.
"They call him the security guard, because he's always outside," neighbor Ada Zappavigne said. "Twenty-four hours, day and night, 4 o'clock in the morning."
Detectives have also spoken to Soucie's girlfriend, 54-year-old Stephanie Nerni, but she is not expected to be charged in connection with his disappearance and death.
new york city, queens, body found, missing person, ridgewood, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases