New York News
Girlfriend's son facing murder charge in man's death in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The body of a 60-year-old man who disappeared last week was found buried in a flower bed in Queens, and his girlfriend's son was taken into custody in the man's death.
27-year-old Derek Tudor was charged with murder. Tudor has prior arrests for turnstile jumping and forcible touching.
Tudor showed up at the 102 Precinct at 6 p.m. Tuesday night with his biological father, Anthony Tudor. He was crying and told a police officer standing outside that he was there to surrender.
Sources tell Eyewitness News that Tudor told detectives he suffocated his victim on April 21. He began to cry again and asked for a lawyer, refusing to say anything else.
Authorities are digging up evidence at the home on Putnam Avenue in Ridgewood, where 60-year-old Frank Soucie lived with his girlfriend and Tudor, her adult son.
The retired postal worker was last seen April 22. A neighbor called police after see someone throwing away an unusually large bag.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found a charred sleeping bag in the trash and a freshly-dug grave in the backyard with body parts in it, covered with a sheet.
Ammonia and gloves were also found on the roof.
Soucie was well known in the neighborhood.
"They call him the security guard, because he's always outside," neighbor Ada Zappavigne said. "Twenty-four hours, day and night, 4 o'clock in the morning."
Detectives have also spoken to Soucie's girlfriend, 54-year-old Stephanie Nerni, but she is not expected to be charged in connection with his disappearance and death.
new york city, queens, body found, missing person, ridgewood, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 21 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 45 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
7 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
21 min ago