New York News
Jury selection to begin for suspects in Peter Figoski death
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Jury selection begins Wednesday in Brooklyn in the trial of the last two men charged in the murder of NYPD Officer Peter Figoski.
The officer was shot to death 18 months ago while responding to a robbery call in Cypress Hills.
Shooter Lamont Pride is serving 45 years to life for the murder after he was convicted earlier this year.
Kevin Santos and Nelson Morales both face murder charges.
Brooklyn prosecutors said Pride and four others plotted to rob a small-time drug dealer on December 12, 2011.
The men broke into a shabby basement apartment in a building that belonged to Morales' uncle. But the uncle didn't know what was happening and called 911 when he heard a commotion downstairs.
Officers, including Figoski, arrived and surprised the robbers, who pretended to be victims until they were later arrested. Figoski was shot when he cornered Pride.
Figoski was posthumously promoted to detective.
new york city, peter figoski, officer killed, police officer dies, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments