New York News
Images released of person of interest in East Village groping
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have released images of a man they want to talk to in connection with the groping a young girl on the Lower East Side.
They are describing the man as a person on interest and not specifically as a suspect.
The pictures were taken moments before a 9-year-old girl was groped near 10th Street and Avenue D around 4:45 p.m. on April 14.
The suspect reportedly approached the girl and grabbed her buttocks before fleeing the scene. No injuries were reported.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, about 5-foot-9 and weighing approximately 240 pounds, with black hair mixed with gray. He was last seen wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt, dark jeans and white metal wired glasses.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway 28 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Suspect questioned after body found in container 10 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos