New York News
Death of teen girl ruled homicide in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is new information about the mysterious death of a teenage girl in Brooklyn.
The case is now ruled a homicide four months after she died.
The naked body of 14-year-old Shaniesha Forbes was found in Gerritsen Beach in January.
Autopsy results show she died of asphyxiation.
She also suffered burns on her hands, arms and legs.
There are no arrests and no suspects.
There is a $12,000 reward for information on Forbes death. $10,000 is from the Chief of Detectives and $2,000 is from CrimeStoppers.
new york city, teen, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act