New York News
Man tries to rape 13-year-old girl in Coney Island elevator
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for a man who attacked a 13- year-old girl in Brooklyn, and they are hoping a sketch will lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the girl encountered the suspect, in his 30s, on the elevator in her Coney Island building around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.
He reportedly threatened her with a pair of scissors, tried to rape her and then ran away.
The suspect was last seen wearing all black clothing.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (5477).
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, rape, new york news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 48 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 29 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 42 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 28 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
46 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
48 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp...
42 min ago