New York News
Brooklyn Bridge reopens after man threatens to jump
Saturday, May 04, 2013
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Bridge reopened just before 6 p.m. Saturday after being closed for several hours because a man threatened to jump off.
The situation unfolded around 3 p.m. Saturday as police tried to talk the man down from the Brooklyn tower of the bridge. Just after 4:30 p.m. the man was rescued, and was unharmed.
Drivers are expected to experience residual delays.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn bridge, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos