New York News
Brooklyn Bridge reopens after man threatens to jump
Saturday, May 04, 2013
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Bridge reopened just before 6 p.m. Saturday after being closed for several hours because a man threatened to jump off.
The situation unfolded around 3 p.m. Saturday as police tried to talk the man down from the Brooklyn tower of the bridge. Just after 4:30 p.m. the man was rescued, and was unharmed.
Drivers are expected to experience residual delays.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, brooklyn, brooklyn bridge, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 42 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links