New York News
Queens on hunt for another alleged sex attacker
OZONE PARK (WABC) -- There has been yet another sex assault in Queens, but investigators are telling Eyewitness News that the alleged attack is not connected to the ones involving young girls in nearby South Ozone Park. However, residents in the area are still on edge.
The alleged attack happened early Sunday morning. A man attacked a 20-year-old walking near the intersection of 97th Avenue and 98th Street in Ozone Park. The victim is tells police she was raped.
"For something like this to happen, it's really scary," Ozone Park resident Anthony Ricciardi said.
In nearby South Ozone Park, police are still on the hunt for a child predator. Investigators say a man is responsible for attacking two 7-year-old girls, and exposing himself to a 13-year-old.
In response to the attacks, police have set up a mobile command center in the neighborhood, but that is doing little to ease people's anxiety.
There are also several surveillance cameras on the block, but it is unclear if any one of them recorded this attack of a young woman.
new york city, queens, ozone park, sex abuse, sex offender, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 48 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 55 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
19 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
3 min ago