New York News
Queens on hunt for another alleged sex attacker
OZONE PARK (WABC) -- There has been yet another sex assault in Queens, but investigators are telling Eyewitness News that the alleged attack is not connected to the ones involving young girls in nearby South Ozone Park. However, residents in the area are still on edge.
The alleged attack happened early Sunday morning. A man attacked a 20-year-old walking near the intersection of 97th Avenue and 98th Street in Ozone Park. The victim is tells police she was raped.
"For something like this to happen, it's really scary," Ozone Park resident Anthony Ricciardi said.
In nearby South Ozone Park, police are still on the hunt for a child predator. Investigators say a man is responsible for attacking two 7-year-old girls, and exposing himself to a 13-year-old.
In response to the attacks, police have set up a mobile command center in the neighborhood, but that is doing little to ease people's anxiety.
There are also several surveillance cameras on the block, but it is unclear if any one of them recorded this attack of a young woman.
new york city, queens, ozone park, sex abuse, sex offender, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 59 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 48 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead 16 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery