New York News
Queens on hunt for another alleged sex attacker
OZONE PARK (WABC) -- There has been yet another sex assault in Queens, but investigators are telling Eyewitness News that the alleged attack is not connected to the ones involving young girls in nearby South Ozone Park. However, residents in the area are still on edge.
The alleged attack happened early Sunday morning. A man attacked a 20-year-old walking near the intersection of 97th Avenue and 98th Street in Ozone Park. The victim is tells police she was raped.
"For something like this to happen, it's really scary," Ozone Park resident Anthony Ricciardi said.
In nearby South Ozone Park, police are still on the hunt for a child predator. Investigators say a man is responsible for attacking two 7-year-old girls, and exposing himself to a 13-year-old.
In response to the attacks, police have set up a mobile command center in the neighborhood, but that is doing little to ease people's anxiety.
There are also several surveillance cameras on the block, but it is unclear if any one of them recorded this attack of a young woman.
new york city, queens, ozone park, sex abuse, sex offender, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 38 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son