New York News
Suspect arrested in East Village groping of young girl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the case of a child abuse on the Lower East Side.
A 52-year old man is in custody after investigators say he groped a young girl in the East Village just before 5 p.m. on April 14.
Rene Otero was arrested after police released surveillance pictures taken moments before the 9-year-old girl was assaulted.
Otero is accused of walking up behind the girl and grabbing her buttocks near 10th Street and Avenue D.
No injuries were reported.
Otero is charged with sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos