New York News
Suspect arrested in East Village groping of young girl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the case of a child abuse on the Lower East Side.
A 52-year old man is in custody after investigators say he groped a young girl in the East Village just before 5 p.m. on April 14.
Rene Otero was arrested after police released surveillance pictures taken moments before the 9-year-old girl was assaulted.
Otero is accused of walking up behind the girl and grabbing her buttocks near 10th Street and Avenue D.
No injuries were reported.
Otero is charged with sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
new york city, east village, sexual assault, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 35 min ago
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos