New York News
Suspects extradited to face charges in Bronx murder
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two suspects in the murder of a Bronx teen return to New York City Monday to face charges in a deadly case of mistaken identity.
Police say the 21-year-old and 23-year-old suspects shot and killed 17-year-old Alphonza Bryant on April 22 in the South Bronx.
Authorities say the 21-year-old made statements implicating himself in the homicide. Both are Bronx residents and members of the Latin Kings gang.
They were were caught Saturday in Rhode Island. Their identities have not been released.
The shooting is being called gang-related, but Bryant was not the intended target.
new york city, bronx, murder, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 1 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 48 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos