New York News
Suspects extradited to face charges in Bronx murder
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two suspects in the murder of a Bronx teen return to New York City Monday to face charges in a deadly case of mistaken identity.
Police say the 21-year-old and 23-year-old suspects shot and killed 17-year-old Alphonza Bryant on April 22 in the South Bronx.
Authorities say the 21-year-old made statements implicating himself in the homicide. Both are Bronx residents and members of the Latin Kings gang.
They were were caught Saturday in Rhode Island. Their identities have not been released.
The shooting is being called gang-related, but Bryant was not the intended target.
new york city, bronx, murder, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 7 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos