New York News
Suspects extradited to face charges in Bronx murder
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two suspects in the murder of a Bronx teen return to New York City Monday to face charges in a deadly case of mistaken identity.
Police say the 21-year-old and 23-year-old suspects shot and killed 17-year-old Alphonza Bryant on April 22 in the South Bronx.
Authorities say the 21-year-old made statements implicating himself in the homicide. Both are Bronx residents and members of the Latin Kings gang.
They were were caught Saturday in Rhode Island. Their identities have not been released.
The shooting is being called gang-related, but Bryant was not the intended target.
new york city, bronx, murder, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 64 hurt in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem 1 min ago
- Before East Harlem Explosion, resident remembers gas smell 2 min ago
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media 20 min ago
- Video: Dozens injured in East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- Video: Damages throught neighborhood after East... 12 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
23 min ago
- Missing Malaysian plane's last...
54 min ago