New York News
UPDATE: Escaped robbery suspect captured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The suspect wanted in a series of Bronx chain robberies who escaped from police has been captured.
The suspect was arrested as he exited the subway station at 133rd Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, authorities said.
The suspect, 17-year-old Vincens Vuktilaj, escaped from police earlier on Monday by running into the 145th Street subway station in Harlem.
Vuktilaj is suspected of stealing gold chains as part of a Bronx elderly robbery pattern.
Vuktilaj had been arrested after he was connected to the last two robberies in the Bronx.
He was later linked to more incidents, and detectives from the 49th Precinct were at his home to arrest him when he escaped into the subway.
new york city, subway, bronx, harlem, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos