New York News
UPDATE: Escaped robbery suspect captured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The suspect wanted in a series of Bronx chain robberies who escaped from police has been captured.
The suspect was arrested as he exited the subway station at 133rd Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, authorities said.
The suspect, 17-year-old Vincens Vuktilaj, escaped from police earlier on Monday by running into the 145th Street subway station in Harlem.
Vuktilaj is suspected of stealing gold chains as part of a Bronx elderly robbery pattern.
Vuktilaj had been arrested after he was connected to the last two robberies in the Bronx.
He was later linked to more incidents, and detectives from the 49th Precinct were at his home to arrest him when he escaped into the subway.
new york city, subway, bronx, harlem, new york news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 38 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 5 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos