New York News
UPDATE: Escaped robbery suspect captured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The suspect wanted in a series of Bronx chain robberies who escaped from police has been captured.
The suspect was arrested as he exited the subway station at 133rd Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, authorities said.
The suspect, 17-year-old Vincens Vuktilaj, escaped from police earlier on Monday by running into the 145th Street subway station in Harlem.
Vuktilaj is suspected of stealing gold chains as part of a Bronx elderly robbery pattern.
Vuktilaj had been arrested after he was connected to the last two robberies in the Bronx.
He was later linked to more incidents, and detectives from the 49th Precinct were at his home to arrest him when he escaped into the subway.
new york city, subway, bronx, harlem, new york news
- House fire in New Brunswick 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 28 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 32 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 15 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
32 min ago