New York News
UPDATE: Escaped robbery suspect captured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The suspect wanted in a series of Bronx chain robberies who escaped from police has been captured.
The suspect was arrested as he exited the subway station at 133rd Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, authorities said.
The suspect, 17-year-old Vincens Vuktilaj, escaped from police earlier on Monday by running into the 145th Street subway station in Harlem.
Vuktilaj is suspected of stealing gold chains as part of a Bronx elderly robbery pattern.
Vuktilaj had been arrested after he was connected to the last two robberies in the Bronx.
He was later linked to more incidents, and detectives from the 49th Precinct were at his home to arrest him when he escaped into the subway.
new york city, subway, bronx, harlem, new york news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest 41 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege 48 min ago
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party 43 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid...
41 min ago
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos