New York News
UPDATE: Escaped robbery suspect captured
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The suspect wanted in a series of Bronx chain robberies who escaped from police has been captured.
The suspect was arrested as he exited the subway station at 133rd Street and St. Nicholas Avenue, authorities said.
The suspect, 17-year-old Vincens Vuktilaj, escaped from police earlier on Monday by running into the 145th Street subway station in Harlem.
Vuktilaj is suspected of stealing gold chains as part of a Bronx elderly robbery pattern.
Vuktilaj had been arrested after he was connected to the last two robberies in the Bronx.
He was later linked to more incidents, and detectives from the 49th Precinct were at his home to arrest him when he escaped into the subway.
new york city, subway, bronx, harlem, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 3 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 22 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos