New York News
Murders in Philadelphia linked to New York City man
PHILADELPHIA (WABC) -- A man from New York City has been arrested and charged with a double murder in Southwest Philadelphia.
Marco Joaquin, 18, from Manhattan, was arrested on Monday for the murders of 29-year-old Dwayne Page of the 6400 block of Reedland Street and 33-year-old Anthony Fletcher of the 4600 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the killings happened on the night of Saturday, December 22, 2012. Officers were called to the University Court Apartments in the 4600 block of Chester Avenue around 10:30 p.m. for a report of a shooting.
Once inside, police found Fletcher in the living room with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Page was found in the kitchen with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was rushed the hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
A third shooting victim was found with wounds to the face and chest. That victim survived.
Investigators did not immediately say what may have led up to the shooting.
Police said Joaquin is charged with: Murder, Attempted Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Burglary, Robbery, Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.
new york city, arrest, murder, new york news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 45 min ago
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 1 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
58 min ago