New York News
Murders in Philadelphia linked to New York City man
PHILADELPHIA (WABC) -- A man from New York City has been arrested and charged with a double murder in Southwest Philadelphia.
Marco Joaquin, 18, from Manhattan, was arrested on Monday for the murders of 29-year-old Dwayne Page of the 6400 block of Reedland Street and 33-year-old Anthony Fletcher of the 4600 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the killings happened on the night of Saturday, December 22, 2012. Officers were called to the University Court Apartments in the 4600 block of Chester Avenue around 10:30 p.m. for a report of a shooting.
Once inside, police found Fletcher in the living room with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Page was found in the kitchen with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was rushed the hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
A third shooting victim was found with wounds to the face and chest. That victim survived.
Investigators did not immediately say what may have led up to the shooting.
Police said Joaquin is charged with: Murder, Attempted Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Burglary, Robbery, Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.
new york city, arrest, murder, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera