New York News
Kimani Gray's family to file wrongful death suit against New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The family members of a 16-year-old shot and killed by police nearly two months ago say they plan to file a wrongful death lawsuit against New York City Wednesday.
Kimani Gray's family says officers used excessive force in the March 9 shooting in East Flatbush.
Their attorney says they have video that proves officers left Gray to die.
Gray was shot seven times after police say he pointed a loaded gun at them.
At least two witnesses heard cops warn the teen not to move, but a neighbor disputed the claim.
The shooting sparked riots and protests throughout East Flatbush.
new york city, police shooting, east flatbush, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos