New York News
Plane struck twice by lightning on approach to LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A plane heading to LaGuardia Airport was struck twice by lightning as it approached the airport.
The American Eagle flight from Detroit, safely landed after 11 a.m.
The Captain declared an emergency as a precaution and the plane landed safely at 10:41 a.m.
There were no injuries to the 22 passengers and 3 crew members on the plane.
Maintenance crews are inspecting the plane.
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 48 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 3 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
48 min ago