New York News
Plane struck twice by lightning on approach to LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A plane heading to LaGuardia Airport was struck twice by lightning as it approached the airport.
The American Eagle flight from Detroit, safely landed after 11 a.m.
The Captain declared an emergency as a precaution and the plane landed safely at 10:41 a.m.
There were no injuries to the 22 passengers and 3 crew members on the plane.
Maintenance crews are inspecting the plane.
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos