New York News
Woman goes missing after ATM withdrawal in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a woman in Brooklyn who has been missing for days, and her family says it's not like her to just disappear.
Relatives are heartbroken and suspect foul play, but they are keeping hope alive that 27-year-old Sabrina Malone will come back home safe and sound.
Malone was last seen Saturday, spotted on ATM surveillance video at a CitiBank on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights, after spending the day with her family in Cobble Hill.
After withdrawing some money, she texted her roommate to tell her she planned to take the bus back to their Bedford Avenue apartment.
But she never arrived home and didn't show up for work Sunday at the Ikea in Red Hook.
Her family says it is completely out of character for her to just disappear, and relatives are fearing the worst while hoping for the best.
"It makes me wonder if she's being held against her will or if she's in a situation in which she can't call," mom Paula Manning said. "Because this is just not like her. This is not like her at all."
Sabrina is described as standing 5-foot-3 and weighing 155 pounds. She was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt, gray jeans and blue sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, brooklyn, missing person, brooklyn heights, cobble hill, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos