New York News
Misty the bull terrier meets New York City students who helped save her
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A very special dog had her day in New York City Thursday.
Misty was rescued by city students after suffering serious injuries while being used as a bait dog to train other pit bulls to fight.
Students at Stephen Gaynor School started following the progress of the sweet, severely hurt pit bull on the Misty's Journey Facebook page.
On Thursday, Misty and the children who helped save her finally met.
new york city, upper west side, pit bulls, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 14 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
54 min ago